This article constitutes the terms and conditions of Empera Rent’s service scripted under considerable scrutiny and oversight. It describes the contract agreement between Empera Rent (hereinafter: the Company) and its client.
The terms and condition stated here surpasses any other agreement made verbally or in other forms of documentation. Should certain conditions be determined invalid or unenforceable, it has no demeanor on the remainder of the document, where the full force of all other provisions remain effective.
Empera Rent (emperarent.com) is owned and operated by FF Luxury Fleets Limited.
The Company accepts payment through Visa, MasterCard or AMEX platforms. The credit cards are processed immediately upon booking.
The following are the combination of conditions that determine the rental charges.
- The duration of the rental
- The applicable rental fee (which includes tax) of daily, weekly and monthly rates.
- Miscellaneous charges comprising of insurance, additional mileage, child seat and any other that may arise.
- The mileage rates.
- Refueling. – All vehicles are provided to the clients with a full tank of premium petroleum. In a rare circumstance that the car doesn’t have a full tank, the level of fuel tank will be recorded on the rental agreement.
The clients should return the vehicles at full tank. Should they fail, the client will be subjected to a ‘per litre’ fee fine that may be as high as 50% above the prevailing market price rates.
Requirements for Rental
The following are the necessities to be met to rent a car from Empera Rent.
- The driver should possess a valid driving license.
- The client should be 25 years of age or older.
- The client should have an access to be covered by a comprehensive automotive insurance.
- A security deposit should be provided. The amount varies depending on the car and age of the driver.
- The client should accept the terms and conditions by signing the agreement and provisions of the rental agreement (sent in advance).
In all case, should the client cancel the reservation the initial security deposit is non-refundable.
- If the cancellation is made within 7 – 15 business days of scheduled delivery time, then the client would only receive 50% of the booking fee.
- If a cancellation is made within 7 working days of the delivery time, the entire fee is non-refundable. However, the payments excluding the reservation fee can be held as credit to be used for future booking. This credit is valid for a duration of one year from the original reservation date.
- If a cancellation is made within 24 hours or the client fails to pick up the car, then the entire fee will still be charged to the client.
Clients can add other drivers to the rental agreement with an extra charge imposed on them. The additional driver should also meet all the prerequisites stated above under rental requirements.
We reserve the right to a 7 business day inspection period which is calculated from the time the car is returned. During this period, the car will be subjected to thorough checks for any mechanical and body damages. Any noted damage or contract violations such as additional fuel costs and late return will be billed to the client.
Traffic and parking infringements
The client is to be held accountable for any traffic fines or parking violations issued while he was responsible for the car and as such the client will be responsible for settling the offense with an inclusion of the payments.
The Company is entitled to a 90 calendar day time duration starting from the time in which the car was returned to notify the client of such charges and the associated details.
Reporting an Accident
Should there be an accident, the client involved is obligated first to report the incident to the police and obtain a police report. The client also needs to obtain the name, address, license plate number, insurance provider and the policy number of the other car's driver. The client needs to present all these details and reports to the rental agent as soon as possible.
The client is legible to any damages the car pertains throughout the term of the car rental engagement, irrespective of the cause of the accident; whether someone else is at fault or the cause is unidentified.
The client is therefore fully accountable for the full repair cost to the value of the security deposit. The client thereby agrees to reimburse the Company for damages to the car that occurred during the term of the car rental engagement. The acknowledgment and responsible of this is signed off in the rental agreement. The entire amount of the deposit shall be refunded to the client in the event of zero damages, loss or any additional charges.
Should the client desire to extend the lease duration longer than specified in the car rental agreement then the client should contact the the Company for the extension approval. The Company will also amend the agreement contract and have any additional payment processed.
A client who does not conform to the above procedure will have to incur the late penalty fee penalty, starting from the time of the original return date specified in the rental agreement.
Car Delivery and Pick-Up
The Company will deliver any of our vehicles to a destination in accordance to client’s request, be it a hotel, the airport or an office building. Customers may be charged delivery fees for locations beyond a certain distance.
While driving the car the client should refrain from:
- Driving under drugs or alcohol influence
- Off Road travel
- Rigorous driving
- Drag racing
- Racetrack driving
- And any type of illegal driving.
Any such form of conduct is considered as a breach of contract and will result in a charge of extra fees in the form of penalties.